Info for Competitors
Directions / Maps
Food / Amenities
- How do you pronounce "emprise"?
- It's a French word meaning "undertaking", so French pronunciation rules apply. It sounds like "ahm - preeze".
- Are there cabins available at the new Flying Horseshoe Ranch site?
- Yes, there are limited, very basic bunks available in a small number of cabins. Contact Mistress Ysabeau for more information.
- Can our branch bring a pavilion to the event?
- Yes, we have pavilion space available on the list field and near the arena. Contact Mistress Ysabeau for more information.
- What amenities are available at the site?
- Flying Horseshoe Ranch has potable water, and limited flush toilets and showers. There is room for a few RVs who can dry camp. The site has cell phone service.
- Are dogs allowed at the event?
- The site is a working ranch with offleash working dogs. Only service dogs on a leash will be permitted. For the safety of the horses and riders, dogs are restricted from the barns, arena and arena surrounding area.
- I'm competing in the equestrian tournament. Do I have to compete at the canter?
- No. You may compete at any gait. The game elements are scored without regard to gait, however slower gaits are an inherent disadvantage for some games. You are encouraged however to choose a gait that makes a favorable impression on the judges, for the judges will be assigning points based on their impressions.
- May I vary gait between games?
- Yes, you may choose any gait you desire for any one of the games. Again, the judges will reward those who put on a splendid visual presentation and display showmanship and chivalric behavior, so keep this in mind when you choose your gait.
- Who is in charge?
- The responsibilities are shared...
- Who is in charge of the tournament?
- The judges will be the arbiter for all questions related to the running and scoring of the tournament. If any disputes arise about the running or scoring of the tournament, or the appropriateness of any behavior during the tournament, please discuss it with the noble judges.
- Who is in charge of tournament logistics and safety?
- Take logistics and safety concerns or suggestions first to the marshal running the particular field (or the marshal in charge for that discipline for the event).