Materials needed for the class To Arm for Tournament
(the instructor recommends attempting no more than two items in a single session)
(pick two at the most)
- 8 dowel, 1 1/4 diameter
- Lance tip of your preference (Some may be available for sale).
Lightweight Ring Lance
- 8 Cedar 1 X 4 (sold at Home Depot as decking)
- 10 - 12 long dowel 1 1/2 + inch diameter
- Rubber or leather pad for end (instructor will provide leather)
- Hacksaw (if you have one, otherwise one will be available)
- Minimum 5 long dowel, 1 - 1 1/4 diameter
- 8 12 inch long nail/spike 1/4 - 3/8 diameter
- Minors alternative: 12 schedule 40 PVC pipe sized to fit on your dowel
- 3 4 (Depending on your length preference) of 1/2 inch, schedule 40 PVC pipe.
- Two (2) end caps for the PVC pipe (instructor will provide glue)
- 3 - 4+ foam pipe insulation 3/4 inch (minimum) wall thickness or a 3 inch diameter pool noodle
- Your choice of colored duct tape
Crest (minimum 2 sessions)
- An idea of the crest design you want. Need ideas?: Article: Build a Crest of Mounted Combat
- At least 2 X 4 of 2 thick pink insulation foam or foam shapes (see Michael's)
- A sharp thin knife or foam cutter (usually available at Micheals or other craft stores. One available for borrowing.)
- A 2 X 4 piece of Velcro
- Acrylic paint or waterbased spray paint.
- Heavy fabric or leather for the base.
(instructor will provide glue to laminate pieces and attach the base)