2013 February 28
In Attendance *************
Rignach, Guillaume, Annisa, Johannes, Raphael, Phil, and Dawn
New Business **************
- March Practice at C.M. Trinity Farm, 1-5pm (Note: New time)
- Tilt Work, Behord Training (equitation, no blows), Quintain
- South Sound Unity
- Question posed by Barony to guild : Do we want to sponsor horses at the event.
- Answer: No, it conflicts with a non-SCA charity equestrian event that the guild supports.
- Dates confirmed for Sept 14-15
- Practice will be at Reber the 7th, before the event
- Contracts are signed
- Give Guillaume any ideas for judges this year
- MEG Coolers
- Aeschine is gathering interest in making green wool coolers with the MEG heraldry on them.
- See her for placing an order or getting details.
- We get a discount if we order 10 or more. So far 9 have expressed interest.
Old Business **************
- February Practice:
- 6 Horse, 9 riders, 7 groundcrew, 1 authorization
- It was nice having the indoor arena empty of equipment and the outdoor arena set up for gaming.
- Need to come up with some ideas of where to tie horses.
- May Crown
- No horses.
- Guild will support a class on making equipment. Raphael to sort out details.
- Police Horse Visit - Date penciled in for March 23rd. Rignach to confirm and post directions to farm.
- Work Parties
- Jousting Tip Making - May?
- Jousting Tubes - order being prepared by Guilluame, more to come
- Silk Banner Making - March 23rd at Rouge Haven
- Tilt Repairs - No date
- Helmet Covers - No Date
- Making a mini tilt - No Date
- Introducing a new game - No Date
- Victorian Riding Habits - No Date
- Kingdom Caparison - No Date
- Winter Goals
- Guillaume - Make a banner, Get horse fit, Prepare a wish list of armor
- Giancarlo - Make a pourpoint
- Valcura - Rehab Cinnabar, Trailride Sunfire
- Johannes - Update MEG site with pictures, Finish doublet, Make 3 Renfaire tabbards
- Rignach - Architectural plans for Emprise Dias, Get horse fit, Make Victorian Riding Habit
- Alianora - Learn to make pewter buttons, retain sanity
- Annisa - Make Victorian Riding Habit, Make saddle clothes for Kerji-e and Franchesca, Ride in costume
- Aeschine - Make a Victorian Riding Habit, Edit horse brush paper for competition
- Dawn - Find a horse to practice on, keep improving, make Victorian Riding Habit
- Phil - ride and not fall off, attend meetings
- Raphael - make chausses and pourpoint, finish jousting armor
- Aeschine has MEG Reins and Breast Plates for sale that she hand makes. Very nice.
- Decals are available through Guillaume.
- Jousting tubes available in 5 - 8 foot lengths from Guillaume.
Filed under:Meetings 2012