2011 June 23
In Attendance *************
Guillaume ; Annise ; Aeschine; Johannes
Old Business **************
- No horses on site for event.
- EQ archery practice was enjoyed by all.
- Many stick horses made their appearances.
- Rignach made her announcement to begin her trial for Madrone's first Lancer!
- June Practice
- 3 horses 2 riders 6 Guild Members in attendance.
- Practice included Rings, Quintain and Tilt.
- New horse barding was shown off from Annise on Duchess.
- Seems to be at completion for An Tir.
New Business **************
- Conversation about the Order of the Lion & the Lance
- Need better definition of the Order.
- Need a description for charters / scrolls
- What sort of title does this grant?
- What are their 'students' called. (i.e. Cadet)
- Email has been sent to Miranda for further discussion.
- What games are up for discussion
- Currently suggested are: Rings, Bhjord, Birjas, Speed Quintain, Quintain, and Jousting
- Currently suggested for exclusion: Reeds.
- Emprise meeting notes to be posted soon from Guillaume.
- The Draft for the Crier was read to the group.
- New post cards have been created and will be mailed as personal invitations to as many horse riders as we know about.
- 105 @ $10 will allow us to break even. We had 130 in attendance for Emprise VIII and 200 for Emprise IX.
- This year, due to the Heavy Tournament and Their Majesties in attendance, we could expect between 150 - 250.
- Last year's gate was $12. Proposing making the gate $10 this year.
- Conversation about ways to set up Rings.
- It seems that having 2 tilts set up with Rings in between as well as Ground Crew would work best.
- Discussion of whether 2, 3, or 4 passes would be best. It seems like most are leaning towards 3 passes with just 1 ring available to collect on each pass. This would make the game more like joust training and in keeping with the spirit of the King Renee's joust theme.
- Judges confirmed (please excuse spelling): Thorin, Baric, Steingram. Invitation to Heinrick of the West has been sent for the 4th.
- Equestrian Collegium
- Potential time frame is July of 2012.
- Site location is still being sought.
- Ithra inclusion?
- July Coronation Gate Help
- Guillaume has asked that those from MEG help Madrone in running gate at July Coronation.
- Gate Bingo suggestions are being taken. Please send ideas to Guillaume. (i.e. A car with 20 stickers on bumper, person who forgot their tent out of state, etc...)
- Meeting Location
- Continue to meet at Bellevue Library.
- May need to change meeting contact person for Library.
- Next Practice is July 10th.
- Conversation on why attendance at practices has been waning.
- Decals are available through Guillaume.
- Jousting tubes available in 5 - 8 foot lengths from Guillaume.
- 1st Thursday of the month work parties take place at Rignach's house.
Filed under:Meetings 2011