2011 January 27
In Attendance *************
Guillaume ; Annise ; Aeschine ; Felicitae ; Emily ; Johannes ; Teresa ; Gian Carlo ; Valkura; Rignach; Elizabeth; Landinn
Old Business **************
- 12th Night
- 'They' have asked for a Horseless Rider ceremony at July Coronation this year at Midhaven.
New Business **************
- Farrel McWhirter worked well last year with the exception of the Boy Scout invasion.
- Felicitae has recommended the Northwest Natural Horse Center (NWNHC)
- 2 Arenas. 200 ft and a 150 ft. Covered. Well lit. Bathrooms. wash racks.
- Could run tilts along the road.
- Cost is a question.
- Discussed having an informal/unofficial practice there for February.
- Insurance was a question if it was needed or not for the informal practice.
- Question on Haul in fees?
- Barn owner = Hutch
- Question of how binding a contract would be to potentially break if we had to.
- 2011 Practice Dates
- March 20
- April 24
- May 15
- June 19 (?) this is the weekend after Lionhearts
- July 10
- Aug 28
- Sept 11 at Reber
- Oct 23
- Nov 5 (Remember remember...)
- Dec (no practice) but on the 10th will be the MEG Holiday Party
- June 10 - 12
- Same location as the last couple years.
- Autocrat = Constantia
- EMIC = ???
- Questions from Her Excellency:
- What would we need differently from last year? Helpers for set up.
- Autocrat meetings were held and were helpful last year despite low attendance.
- Where to put Horses this year? Both footing & visibility were mentioned.
- Discussion on running the Competition mid day on Saturday may have issues with the heat.
- Discussion on trying out the park near the end of May to find best footing area.
- Espresso Cart will be available this year.
- Practice will be held on the 11th of Sept before event at Reber.
- Pre Haul In of equipment on that date.
- Sir Rifkin (sp?) is the New Snr Heavy Marshal in Charge.
- Contract has been filled out and turned in all ready for this year.
- Monthly meetings will begin in March for the Emprise.
- Jousting tubes available in 5 - 8 foot lengths from Guillaume.
- 1st Thursday of the month work parties take place at Rignach's house.
- Giant 4H take sale at the Monroe Fairgrounds Sunday Feb 27th.
Winter Goals **************
Rapheal: Make changes to barding. Refine chamfron //
Felicitae: Brakes on horse in progress, non sticky gas pedal on horse. //
Anne Marie: Improve SCA gaming kit. Keep horse sound.//
Annise: Harness almost complete. Training. Replace Wardrobe (continue). Work on Scrolls. //
Guillaume: Continue lessons. Improve seat for sparky horse. //
Aeschine: Garb for Emprise. Continue with progress on Willow //
Teresa: Wardrobe. Work towards games at Canter is coming along. Training for both horse and rider. //
Valkura: Get a new knee (Feb) Booked for March 8th //
Gian Carlo: Still working on new garb. //
Emily: Continue work on Roslynd personna. More clothing. Keep horse sound. //
Johannes: Continue on Landsknecht garb. Make combat javelins for guild. //
Rignach: Scrolls and Charter work. Upgrade camp equipment. Armor dummy for armorer. //
Landinn: Engaging newcomers. More activity. Learning to delegate. //
Elizabeth: Upgrade encampment. Sittng Pavilion. New garb for Emprise.
Filed under:Meetings 2011