An Tir Riderless Horse Ceremony
The Riderless ceremony was conceived as a memorial for those who have passed
in the Kingdom of An Tir. It was conceived and administered by the Ladies of the
Rose and Valorous Estate of An Tir. The riderless horse ceremony has appeared in
many cultures and periods in history.
The first observance of this ceremony was at
An Tir May Crown
AS 40. HRH Angharad led her horse Maximillian.
- The Kingdom of An Tir needed a permanent way memorial representing our
sorrow for those who
- have passed away. The Ladies of the Rose and the Valorous Estate
proposed using a riderless horse
- to reprent those who have died, both as a dignified way of marking their
passing, and to provide a
- ceremony that will be instantly and universally understood by those who
- Today, we bring before you for the first time the Riderless Horse
Memorial, which will be a
- constantly evolving piece of An Tir history. The caparison has been
fashioned from retired pieces
- of Kingdom Regalia, and will content to be added to by members of the
Noble Estate and the
- populace of our Kingdom.
- As it will not be possible to read the names of all of the people of An
Tir who have passed prior
- to this date in court right now, we invite you to read the book that
will travel with this
- memorial which holds all of the names and includes the description of
the Riderless Horse.
The Ladies of the Rose and Valorous Estate shall proceed the riderless horse
into court. The horse shall be caparisoned in black and red with the arms of An
Tir, no saddle nor bridle shall be worn.
THE LADIES OF THE ROSE AND VALOROUS ESTATE
- It is right and fitting that members of the populace of An Tir who
pass on be remembered
- and recognized for their presence and contributions to the Sable
QUEEN CARRIES A BLACK TASSEL TO THE RIDERLESS HORSE
- Therefore do We, Skeggi and Taisiaa hereby recognize Sigfriend the
Immane from the Barony
- of Aquaterra.
QUEEN ATTACHES THE TASSEL ON THE CAPARISON
- Diedre of LittleJohn of Madrone
QUEEN ATTACHES A TASSEL TO THE CAPARISON
THE LADIES OF THE ROSE AND VALOROUS ESTATE STAND AND ESCORT THE RIDERLESS
HORSE AND ATTENDANT.
The Scroll of Honor - An Tir Remembers can be viewed on the
An Tir Wiki.
This page is part of the Madrone Equestrian
Guild Web site
Return to the Guild Home Page